Sunday, March 5, 2023

HOW ABOUT THIS FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE? HAVE YOU EVER HAD THE MAN YOU BOUGHT A BED FROM MAKE YOUR BED FOR YOU?

 Dear Readers,

Tyrone

Well that’s the kind of thing you can expect from Tyrone Hagglund. He’s the pocket dynamo I bought a bed from at his ‘PopUp’ store in the centre of the Long Beach Mall not far from Fish Hoek in Cape Town. He has been selling beds and everything to do with them there for two weeks a month since August 2022.

            After I bought a bed and mattress from him and it was delivered I needed one of those Convoluted Egg Box overlays (that’s a fancy name for a sheet of foam rubber that goes on top of a mattress) for another bed. He immediately undertook to get it from his warehouse and bring it to me personally. Fortunately I don’t live too far from the Mall.

            When he blew in I showed him where the bed was that was already made up and in no time he had stripped, it put the foam on and remade it. It was very impressive.

           Here’s the autobiography of this dynamic bedding man who you will never catch sleeping on the job.

“I am a local, living in Cape Town my entire life and have been in retail for approximately 16 years.  At the height of my career, I owned and ran 5 established retail bed and mattress stores in various areas of Cape Town. In 2017, I took a small sabbatical from retail for about  6 yrs, sold my shops and bought a river lodge with my wife and moved to Elgin, keeping one finger in the pie online and holding onto the agencies that I have purchased over the years.

My wife and I moved back to Sunnydale Cape town in June 2022 after selling our shares in the Lodge and I resumed selling beds and furniture under the Furnikids and Good Knight Bedding  labels.

          I have successfully relaunched Furnikids back into the brick and mortar stores of Good Knight Bedding and have added  Cloud Nine and Rest Assured, Bedcore and Dreamtech to the list of agencies currently part of my portfolio.

My warehouse and physical shop are in Tokai Industrial, close to Spotty Dog.  So if clients miss me or I am not trading at Longbeach Mall, I am able to meet them there by appointment.

My goal is to possibly open a proper shop in the courses of this year to cement a bigger foot print in the deep south of Cape Town as the ‘Go To’ for everything bedding.”

You can rest assured that you all now know where to go for a peaceful sleep in Cape Town.

Sweet Dreams,
          Regards,                                               

Jon, the Consumer Watchdog 

who praises the good and snarls 

at the BAD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment